Institute of the Arts
2100 Washington Avenue
Miami Beach, Fl 33139
- SoBe Institute of the Arts (SoBe Arts) - Acting Instructor (2010 - current)
- University of Louisville BA Magna Cum Laude.
- University of Florida studies resulting in MA in Communications.
- Brecht Multiple roles Actors Theatre of Louisville
- The Ruling Class Jack Gurney Illinois Repertory Theatre
- Cyrano DeGuiche Illinois Repertory Theatre
- Macbeth Porter Southeastern Shakespeare
- Dream Theatre Multiple roles Body Politic (Chicago)
- Bedroom Farce Trevor Oakland West Theatre
- Doubles Chuck Ruth Foreman Theatre
- Medal of Honor Rag The Doctor Group Theatre (Miami)
- Man For All Seasons Richard Rich Theatre Guild (Louisville)
- Hamlet Multiple roles Actors Theatre of Louisville
- Le Grand Pardon Day player French International Prod.
- Wreckage Day player Goodin Enterprises
- Funhouse Day player Toby Hooper, Director
- Go For It Day player Italian/American Prod.
- Dead Horse Lead Independent feature
- 13 Floors Day player Independent features
More than 80 national, international, regional, cable, local commercials
In 30 years of Screen Actors Guild membership • Conflicts upon request Training
- Sanford Meisner professional class, Neighborhood Playhouse, NYC and Bequia, WI
- Richard Boone, Flagler College • Linklater Approach to Voice Training, NYC
- Jon Jory, University of Louisville • Commercials, Weist-Barron, NYC
- Audition techniques, Zan Sawyer-Dailey, Actors Theatre of Louisville
Glen Lawrence has spent 35 years in
acting, teaching, writing and communication. He
has studied acting with Sanford Meisner, Jon Jory
and Richard Boone, voice with Kristin Linklater and TV commercial acting at Weist-Barron in
Glen has taught hundreds of acting sessions to several thousand actors in 21 years of teaching TV commercial acting workshops. Additionally, he teaches both the Linklater Approach to freeing the natural voice, the Meisner Technique of actor training and
auditioning for film and stage.
Along the way he has helped to improve the communication skills of lawyers, business people, a U.S. Congressman, now U.S. Senator, and, as an adjunct professor, undergraduates and MBA candidates at The University of Florida.
Glen’s book reviews have appeared in The St. Louis Post-Dispatch and The Louisville Courier-Journal. As a playwright his first play was selected for performance at the University of Cincinnati New Play Festival.
As a television producer he has created videos for the nation’s fourth largest school system, Dade County Public Schools, a pilot for The World Trade Centers Association for CNBC Asia, video news releases and proposals for PBS and American Public Television.